COVID-19 Precautions for Workshops and Classes
Our classes are a blend of in-the-field and classroom-style learning. This year we focus on outdoor time due to COVID-19 safety precautions. If it is safe to have indoor classroom components at the time of class then we will use indoors for medicine making and classroom study, otherwise we will hold these activities outside.
We ask all students to wear a face covering and to maintain a 6-foot distance with others during each class as per WA State Department of Health guidelines. Each person is asked to bring their own hand sanitizer to each class.
Also, we ask participants to wash or sanitize their hands during key times to minimise the possibility of transmission.
We will also have cleaning/disinfecting supplies readily accessible at our school location. Additionally, we are limiting our class sizes for safety during this time.
Prior to coming to each session, we ask program participants to self-screen for COVID-19, by asking themselves questions 1-4 taken from WA State Department of Health website:
- Do you have any of these symptoms, mild or severe, that are not caused by another condition?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Within the past 14 days, have you had contact with anyone who you know had COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms? Contact is being 6 feet (2 meters) or closer for more than 15 minutes with a person, or having direct contact with fluids from a person with COVID-19 (for example, being coughed or sneezed on).
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days?
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
If participants answer ‘yes’ to any of the above screening questions, 1-4, we ask you to refrain from attending classes and to please consult with your health care provider.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 precautions, please contact us.